Friday, February 8, 2013

wuslam - THE GRAND SLAM ("enough said")

WOOHOO! The Grand Slam is only a week away, and I'm already pumped to go. This was one of the bigger projects that I got tasked with, because I had to make one main poster and 10 individual posters featuring all of the poets. I decided not to go with a hand-drawn feel and come up with something very graphic, simple, because my main goal was clarity, not necessarily style. 

(you have no idea how many struggles occurred, because my computer had crashed while I was working on this. as a result, I scrambled from computer to computer for the right fonts.)

some initial sketches. i was just playing with basic visual ideas, because i felt that it would be the best way to tie together ten different poets. 


went with a vertical rectangle piano keyboard looking thing. 


white had a nice visual effect but I liked the way the dark shapes on the poets sat against  the black. 
sketches for individual posters! 













No comments:

Post a Comment