Wednesday, February 6, 2013

wupr illustration 02 ("wupr says stay green and alex says this cover was tricky")

I signed up to illustrate the cover for WUPR. The theme was "Wake Up," and the goal for the cover was to incorporate and explore the imagery of nature while staying in tune with the message of "stop hurting this planet/go green" theme (which I support 100%, coming from California and all). 

I drew the lines using pencil on normal sketchpad paper (which is the best sketch paper for my pencils that I've ever used) and colored it using Photoshop. I worked to maintain that traditional look because I think the texture has a really nice quality to it that I wanted to retain.) 

Sketches and process! 







Some notes I took after discussing with the Design Chief for WUPR about what to do with the cover. 

The original pencil sketch

in publication! 




No comments:

Post a Comment